The Salalah International School website consists of the material provided under the sisoman.com domain (hereinafter referred to as the "Site").
Copyright © 2010-2019 Salalah International School. All rights reserved.
- Salalah International School owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, in and to this Site, or has acquired the necessary licenses for the information.
- As a user of this Site, you are granted a limited license to use (display or print) short extracts of the information for your own personal, non-commercial use only, provided the information is not modified. Any other use of the information is prohibited. None of the information may be otherwise reproduced, republished, or re-disseminated in any manner or form without the prior written consent of Salalah International School.
No Advice or Warranties
- You shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from your use of the Site. The information on the Site is provided for educational or information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, whether medical, legal, or otherwise.
- Salalah International School does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information on the Site. While every effort is generally made to check the information, the Site may contain typographical or other errors and should not be assumed to be error-free.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Salalah International School shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damage or any other damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the information available on the Site, including the loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other personal or pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence), or other tortious action.
- The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as references to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. Parties other than Salalah International School independently developed these other sites. Therefore, Salalah International School does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained at such sites. In providing links to other sites, Salalah International School is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites.
- A link to another site should not be construed to mean that Salalah International School is associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites. In addition, the mention of another party or its product or services on the Site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its products or services.
Certain words, phrases, names, designs, or logos used on the Site may constitute trademarks, service marks, or trade names of Salalah International School or other entities. The display of any such marks or names on the Site does not imply that Salalah International School or other entities have granted a license or authorization of any kind to use such marks or names.
- All information submitted to Salalah International School via the Site shall be deemed and remain the property of Salalah International School, and Salalah International School shall be free to use for any purpose, ideas, concepts, know-how, or other techniques contained in information provided to Salalah International School through the Site or sent through email, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Salalah International School. Furthermore, Salalah International School shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information submitted to it unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Salalah International School.
- Furthermore, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet email is vulnerable to interception and forgery. Salalah International School will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make to Salalah International School through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize Salalah International School to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on the Site does not contain computer viruses or other malicious content, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on your computer system. You should pay specific attention to some of the newer viruses that have been written to automatically execute when an infected word processing document is loaded into certain word processing programs.
Choice of Law
The laws of the Sultanate of Oman applicable therein shall govern as to the interpretation, validity, and effect of this document, notwithstanding any conflict of the law’s provisions or your domicile, residence, or physical location. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Sultanate of Oman in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to your use of the Site or this document.
By using Salalah International School web services you agree not to use this service to do any of the following:
- Harass, stalk, defame, abuse, threaten, or otherwise violate a person's legal rights including their privacy rights.
- Mass collect information about others (harvest), including email addresses, mailing address, and phone numbers.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Impersonate someone else.
- Promote or post any profane, harassing, threatening, obscene, defamatory, unlawful, vulgar, hateful, or indecent material.
- Promote or post any files that contain images or software protected by intellectual property laws, copyright, or trademark laws without proper permission from the owner.
- Upload files that contain viruses, worms, or any similar program that may cause harm to another's computer or data.
- Use our web systems in connection with junk email, pyramid schemes, chain letters, or spamming.
- Prevent another user from accessing the site or the tools therein.
- Attempt to hack into, deny service to, or disrupt service to any Salalah International School web system.
- Promote, post, or participate in any activity in violation of our Community Standards.
BULLYING AND HARASSMENT
Bullying and harassment as well as discriminatory practices are not acceptable or tolerated at Salalah International School. All school community members can expect to be treated in a fair and respectful manner.
This policy statement applies if the respondent is a faculty member, staff member or contractor of Salalah International School and if the complainant is a faculty member, staff member, student or contractor of Salalah International School. The Student Code of Conduct applies where the respondent is a student and the complainant are a student, faculty member, staff member or contractor of Salalah International School. The Salalah International School Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Policy applies to interpersonal and electronic communications, such as email.
Bullying and harassment
- Includes any inappropriate conduct or comment by a person towards a Salalah International School community member that the person knew or reasonably ought to have known would cause that community member to be humiliated or intimidated but
- Excludes any reasonable action taken by Salalah International School as an employer or by a supervisor relating to the management and direction of employees.
- Examples of conduct or comments that might constitute bullying and harassment include verbal aggression or insults; calling someone derogatory names; demeaning or intimidating behaviour or words; and persistent unwanted attention paid to a community member by another community member.
Includes intentional or unintentional differential treatment for which there is no bona fide or reasonable justification. Such discrimination imposes burdens, obligations or disadvantages on specific individuals or groups. Examples of conduct that might constitute discrimination include providing a more welcoming environment to one gender over another; use of racially derogatory words; demonstrating a bias toward an individual because of their mental or physical impairment; displaying pictures or cartoons that would offend a particular racial or ethnic group; and differential treatment based on family status.
Community members must:
- Not engage in the bullying and harassment of other community members
- Report if bullying and harassment is observed or experienced
- Not engage in discriminating against other community members
- Report if discrimination is observed or experienced
- Comply with the school’s Bullying & Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Policy
This policy statement will be reviewed every year.
Effective Date: September 1, 2019.
Annual Review Date: Reviewed: September 12, 2020.